Join Central States Kayak Series for
Fishing For Families
Enjoy a day of fishing and a family-friendly event, all while helping
RMHC provide the little things that make a big difference.
Central States Kayak Series is hosting the first annual Fishing For Families event, brought to you by Title Sponsor, Scheels, in support of Ronald McDonald House Charities in Omaha. Whether you’re a rookie angler, or a pro bass angler, come on out for a day on the water, catching bass and Fishing for Families. Not into fishing? We’ve got you covered! Come out to Kros Strain and Pint Nine for a the Biggest Catch family-friendly event. Enjoy Javi’s Tacos or Dire Lion food truck options, sip on some local craft beer, dance to music, and take your chance on winning some amazing auction and raffle prizes.
- Fishing Tournament: All anglers in the Omaha area are invited to join in on Fishing for Families – a city-wide fishing tournament. This bass tournament is open to any boat, kayak, or bank angler includes all public waters within the Omaha Metro Area (Omaha, Elkhorn, Papillion, LaVista, Bellevue), including lakes, streams, and park ponds. All proceeds support the families who stay at Ronald McDonald House Charities in Omaha.
- Biggest Catch Family Fun Event: Following the tournament, we invite all community members to join us in a celebration event hosted at Kros Strain Brewing Co. and Pint Nine Brewing Co. Javi’s Tacos and Dire Lion food trucks will be open for business. $1 of every pint purchased at Kros Strain or Pint Nine will also benefit RMHC in Omaha. Networking, raffle and auction items, and music too!
When: Saturday, August 6
Time: Bass Tournament – 6:15am – 2:00pm, Family Event – 2:00pm – ???
- Fishing Tournament – Any public water within the Omaha Metro area
- Biggest Catch Family Event – Kros Strain & Pint Nine – 10411 Portal Road, La Vista, NE 68128
- Fishing Tournament: This bass tournament is open to any boat, kayak, or bank angler includes all public waters within the Omaha Metro Area (Omaha, Elkhorn, Papillion, LaVista, Bellevue), including lakes, streams, and park ponds. Format of this tournament is a Catch, Photograph and Release tournament. For more information on rules and format of this tournament please contact James Leggett at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (402)305-6578
- Biggest Catch Family Event:
The Family Event is open to the public (all ages) and there will be food, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase. Enjoy some fun in the sun with food, music, auction and raffle prizes. More details to come! RSVP on our Facebook event to stay up to date.
Thank You To Our Supporters
Jacob Francis – Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Family Event Supporters:
More sponsorship opportunities available!